Dry lips and brittle hair…. The most annoying thing about that ‘in between’ weather. Nothing looks better than a nude lip going into fall with a warm rich eye or simple winged liner its the perfect way to complete any makeup look. BUT and there is a big one, nude lips are the most unforgiving especially this time of year when everyone lips are prone to flaking.
The temperature is dropping and many of us find it hard to drink as much water as we normally would but hey guess what if you want to prevent dry cracked lips you have to force yourself to keep the habit of staying hydrated. This is not going to make you immune to dry lips but it will help.
- Lip scrubs are great but there is no point in paying £6+ for things you already have in your kitchen. Grab that olive oil and sugar (yes we are all trying to give it up… but this isn’t eating it. pinky promise.) create a this paste and rub this on your lips twice a week, this will exfoliate your lips removing all of that dry dead skin.
- If you really don’t want to go down the sugar route you can alternatively use a toothbrush, after brushing your teeth when your lips are all wet gently scrub your lips this is another way to remove the dead skin.
- Now your lips are smoother a really hydrating balm or treatment will leave your lips ready for that nude lip colour. Something beeswax or vitamin E based will be great and it will give you a thick protective layer. Et Voila! your lips will be much more forgiving with those nude and mauve shades…..
Just remember to apply a lip moisturizer of your choice before bed and drink drink drink water!!!
My Top 5 Nude Lippies
- Mac- Whirl
- Sleek Truecolor -Liquer
- MUA -shade 8
- Makeup revolution- The one
- Nyx lip lingerie- Honeymoon (liquid lipstick)